ABOUT THE ALL-STAR CHALLENGE
Spend time with top grooming experts, perfect the American Crew Menswork method of styling, and show off your craft with the best stylists in the world.
This year’s challenge will consist of individual in-country judging panels to select their national winner, who will then move forward to participate in the Global competition.
From over 40 finalists, the Global Committee will name (5) top competitors as the All-Star Challenge 2020 Winners.
Professional stylists and groomers
The American Crew All- Star Challenge brings more than 20 years of brand leadership and history.
Our events have been held all across the globe.
Our 2020 event will take place in Los Angeles, USA.
Submissions open from Jan 1 2020 and close March 1 2020.
Five global winners will be announced on April 1 2020.
Los Angeles Trip in May 2020.
Five Global finalists will receive $5,000 and all expenses paid trip to Los Angeles to participate in an editorial photo shoot alongside American Crew Founder, and renowned photographer, David Raccuglia.
How To Enter
1. Select a male model to assist in the creation of your All-Star Challenge submission look (Note: professional model not required, but the same model must be used in both images).
2. With the goal of creating a look that best represents the American Crew man, cut and style your model using American Crew products.
3. Select makeup and wardrobe that is appropriate for your style’s overall look and theme.
4. Set up appropriate photoshoot lighting.
5. Capture two black and white photos in front of a blank background (with no props visible):
- One photo face forward
- One photo profile shot
- Images should show model from chest-level and above
6. Photo formats and specifications include: jpg/jpeg, png or gif format with a resolution of 72 dpi and maximum file size of 10 MB.
7. Prepare a brief explanation of the inspiration behind the look and the products used to achieve the look.
8. Enter your submission via: http://allstarchallenge.AmericanCrew.com
- Submission guides will require:
i. Your name, contact information and home country
ii. Two black and white images (profile and side)
iii. Description and products used
Men’s Grooming Competencies
The All-Star Challenge combines the art and science of men’s grooming and creating authentic style—the cut, the model and the photograph—to deliver the ultimate interpretation of the American Crew® man.
For the 2020 All Star Challenge competition, American Crew’s esteemed panel of judges will expand its outlook on excellence and will select the best finalists that combine outstanding art, style and technique in one of five men’s grooming competencies, including:
Barbering: Mastery of clipper skills, fading and shaving
High Texture: Ability to display technical skills, shape, and control whilst working with highly textured hair
Length: Excellence in cutting and styling hair with length while maintaining a masculine edge
Retro: Ability to recreate a classic cut from the past, with technical excellence in cutting and styling
Trend: Ability to be creative and think ahead by producing a shape or style that could become a trend.
Browse the winning looks from past competitions.
MEHMET ALI DENEL
VIGGO VON SCHELIHA
DANIEL ARTURO QUINONES ELIAS
LAURA SIERRA GARCIA
Christophe De Gauquier
Frederic Mendes de Sousa
Givi Jintchvelashvili (Gogasus)
Jaime Ruiz Tello
Inger Lise Moa
Armando Rivas De La Cruz
David Andreas Kyrkiris
"Year after year, I am honored to be a part of the All-Star Challenge and to be able to give talented stylists and groomers around the world the opportunity to present their skills on a global platform. I am especially proud to announce that 2020 will be a game changer, in that we will have FIVE competitors that will be crowned American Crew All-Stars Challenge 2020 Winners. We hope this competition continues to support and inspire the men’s barbering community worldwide,” - American Crew Founder, David Raccuglia.